We encourage you to speak openly with your health care provider. Take part in your treatment choices, and protect your own safety by being well informed and involved in your care. As a patient at BGHMC, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to receive considerate, respectful, and compassionate health care in a safe setting regardless of your age, sex, gender, religion, ethnicity, political affiliation, disability, or capacity to pay free from all forms of abuse, neglect, or ill-treatment.
- You have the right to be assigned to a competent doctor/ resident physician and be told of the names of all health care team members who are qualified to provide diagnosis, treatment, and medical advice. Likewise, you have the right to know your hospital and physician fees and receive information about the possibility of financial assistance.
- You have the right to notify a family member or person of your choice and your chosen doctor of your admission to the hospital.
- You have the right to have someone remain with you during your hospital stay unless it compromises your or other’s rights, safety, or health.
- You have the right to exercise your spiritual and cultural beliefs within the capacity and rules of the hospital/medical center.
- You have the right to be informed and give consent before any non-emergency procedure or research/experiment or to refuse such.
- You have the right to privacy and confidentiality of your medical records according to laws, as well as in care discussions, examinations, and treatments, and the right to see or get a copy of your medical records except those records restricted by law.
- You may request for an escort during physical examination.
- You have the right to be represented by someone (assignee) to decide on your behalf when the circumstances warrant.
- You have the right to ask about and be informed of the complaint process and express grievances without fear of recrimination or reprisal. You are encouraged to speak directly to the health care provider involved in your care.
If there are issues not resolved to your satisfaction, or if you would like the help of someone not immediately involved, you may visit the Patient’s Assistance and Complaints desk, Quality Assurance Office or to the chief of Hospital/Hospital Director. You may also send your concerns to BGHMC’s Kumustext No. 09568867971.